Animal Yoga Specialisation Training is for yoga teachers of any tradition who wish to incorporate the animal element within yoga more distinctly into their teaching or knowledge base and/or be part of the growing international Animal Yoga community by offering dedicated Animal Yoga sessions to current and new clients (with 40% of the funds raised going to animal charity). This is a fantastic opportunity to fill a niche, to offer healing to humans, and to help animals through fundraising, raising awareness and streamlining our mental attitude. Join us and spread more compassion for animals in society through your love of yoga!
There are two training options:
1) Online distance one-to-one training – £99 (from anywhere, anytime!)
Fantastic for people based further afield, who are short of time or funds, who are confident using the online demonstrations and who already feel well-versed in the animal-named asanas. This is via Skype, email and snail mail (if applicable), and there’ll be greater use/analysis of and reference to the Animal Yoga online video resources. This can be completed intensively in several hours or, alternatively, less intensively with breaks in between over several weeks – your choice.
2) Face-to-face training – 2018 dates/venue TBC but it’s not too soon to submit your interest!
This training takes place annually and is fantastic for people who really enjoy intensive group learning, who respond most optimally to experiential learning, who prefer good old-fashioned face-to-face learning and who wish to extend the training into a mini retreat. The first training in 2016 took place in the South of England; the second training in Spring 2017 took place in Highland Perthshire with exquisite views of Loch Tay, and the setting of a community eco-building and upon land registered with the Permaculture Learning & Demonstration Network. Testimonials, feedback and photos from this training to arrive imminently!
BOTH training options include the following:
- An E-book containing
– the 50 (approx.) animal-named asanas with detailed accompanying information on the anatomy and physiology of each
hgposture, the spirituality/mythology/history of each posture and inspiring facts about the animal named in each posture
– the 40 (approx.) animal-named mudras
– general information for use at the start/throughout/end of the class that is not specific to a posture
– a breakdown of the animals associated with the chakras
– an extensive collection of readings and quotes to use in your Animal Yoga classes
- Lectures on the ahimsa and daana teachings, Animal Yoga’s interpretation of the ahimsa/daana teachings and the background to and evidence of the animal element within yoga
- A discourse on the contentious issues within the animal element of yoga
- Animal Yoga Chanting Cards translated specially for Animal Yoga (including Sanskrit, transliteration & English) in addition to an online collection of other animal-oriented chants that complement the ethos of Animal Yoga
- Examples of guided animal-themed relaxations and meditations
- Ideas on how to create your Animal Yoga classes and workshops and a comprehensive break-down of all the different Animal Yoga classes and workshops available
- The chance to further fine-tune your physical practice of each animal-named posture
- Recommendation of key books for your Animal Yoga journey
- Life-long use of the Animal Yoga™ name and logo, life-long listing as a certified Animal Yoga Teacher on this website with details of your Animal Yoga activities (including assistance in promoting your events) and life-long membership of Animal Yoga with the opportunity to become a voting member of the management committee (see our Constitution here)
- Some information and guidance about (and experience of for the face-to-face option) The Animal Dance (an ecstatic awakening dance focusing on connecting with our animal nature) and on Animal Yoga in schools*
- Exclusive access to the Animal Yoga Teachers International Facebook group/email community for continued support (including from the Founder/Trainer) and regular updates of new Animal Yoga content for your teaching
- … and of course a 40% donation to International Animal Rescue and Animal Aid
Both training options contain the same content and depth of information; the online distance training option lacks the same extent of practical and experiential elements that the face-to-face group training enables. The timing of the online distance training option can be arranged to suit you and your life optimally. See testimonials here from the first group face-to-face training in 2016. For both training options, we sign an agreement that includes a commitment by you to give 40% of any funds gained from any of your dedicated Animal Yoga activities to Animal Aid and International Animal Rescue (this is done via Animal Yoga for monitoring purposes). NB: When just incorporating the animal element within yoga into other general yoga teaching (and not using the Animal Yoga, logo names or titles) then a donation of funds is not obligatory).
*NB: to easily find an insurer you’ll likely need to have a children’s yoga teacher training certificate to share Animal Yoga in schools.
One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them.
— attributed to Martin Luther King, Jr
= Pashu (nonhuman animal)